Meet Dr. Ayers
Fellowship trained in Joint Replacement
Degenerative Joint Conditions
General Orthopedic Surgery
Boston University School of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Worcester, MAJoint Replacement Fellowship
Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MABoard Certification
American Board of Orthopedic SurgeryProfessional Memberships
- MOA Massachusetts Orthopedic Association, Board Member
- MMS Massachusetts Medical Society
- AAOS American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- NEOS New England Orthopedic Society
- Boston Orthopedic Club
South Shore Hospital, South Weymouth, MA – Active Staff
- Orthopedic Surgery Resident Research Award, Lahey Clinic Department of Orthopedic
- Skip Costello Award, University of Massachusetts, Orthopedic Residency, June 2002
- Healy W.L., Ayers, M.E. Iorio R. Patch D.A., Pfeifer B.A.
Impact of Clinical Pathways and Implant Standardization on Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Clinical and Economic Study of Patient Outcomes Presentation at the 63rd Annual Meeting of the AAOS, Atlanta, GA, February 1996.
- Healy W.L., Ayers, M.E., Iorio R. Patch D.A., Pfeifer B.A.
Impact of Clinical Pathways and Implant Standardization on Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Clinical and Economic Study of Patient Outcomes Journal of Arthroplasty, 1998 Apr: 13(3): 266-76.
- Ayers M.E., Prince M., Ahmadi S., Baran D.T.
Use of Risk Factors and Quantitative Ultrasound for Diagnosis of Low Bone Mass Poster Format at: American Society for Bone and Mineral Research-IBMS 2nd Joint Meeting, December 1-6, 1998.
- Ayers, M.E., Iorio, R., Healy, W.L.
Periprosthetic Fractures after Total Knee Arthroplasty in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
Editor: Scott, R. and Bono, J., Spring 2005.
- Iorio, R., Kobayashi, S. Healy, W.L., Cruz, A. Ayers, M.E.
Primary Posterior Cruciate Retaining Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Comparison of American and Japanese Cohorts. Submitted for publication, J Bone Joint Surg AM.
Patient Ratings and Comments
The cold never bothered her anyway…but the hip pain did. Elsa Gould decided she had had enough of the agony associated with her arthritic right hip.“It hurt even to lie down and try to sleep,” she said…..
Norwell resident Peter Hasham returned to Michael Ayers, MD, for a total knee replacement at the end of January, after having two successful total hip replacements in 2012. “Before my first hip replacement, I remember being fearful, not certain what recovery would be like,” Peter said….