Meet Dr. Ayers
Fellowship trained in Joint Replacement
Meet Dr. Ayers
The Problem of Overprescribing Opioids
The Opioid Task Force
Dan Durica’s Total Hip Replacement Story
Total Joint Surgery at South Shore Health
Restoring Quality of Life with Joint Replacement Surgery
Facebook Live with Dr. Ayers: Are You a Good Candidate for Joint Replacement?
Are You a Good Candidate for Joint Replacement?
Degenerative Joint Conditions
General Orthopedic Surgery
Boston University School of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Joint Replacement Fellowship
Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- MOA Massachusetts Orthopedic Association, Board Member
- MMS Massachusetts Medical Society
- AAOS American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- NEOS New England Orthopedic Society
- Boston Orthopedic Club
South Shore Hospital, South Weymouth, MA – Active Staff
- Orthopedic Surgery Resident Research Award, Lahey Clinic Department of Orthopedic
- Skip Costello Award, University of Massachusetts, Orthopedic Residency, June 2002
- Healy W.L., Ayers, M.E. Iorio R. Patch D.A., Pfeifer B.A.
Impact of Clinical Pathways and Implant Standardization on Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Clinical and Economic Study of Patient Outcomes Presentation at the 63rd Annual Meeting of the AAOS, Atlanta, GA, February 1996.
- Healy W.L., Ayers, M.E., Iorio R. Patch D.A., Pfeifer B.A.
Impact of Clinical Pathways and Implant Standardization on Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Clinical and Economic Study of Patient Outcomes Journal of Arthroplasty, 1998 Apr: 13(3): 266-76.
- Ayers M.E., Prince M., Ahmadi S., Baran D.T.
Use of Risk Factors and Quantitative Ultrasound for Diagnosis of Low Bone Mass Poster Format at: American Society for Bone and Mineral Research-IBMS 2nd Joint Meeting, December 1-6, 1998.
- Ayers, M.E., Iorio, R., Healy, W.L.
Periprosthetic Fractures after Total Knee Arthroplasty in Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
Editor: Scott, R. and Bono, J., Spring 2005.
- Iorio, R., Kobayashi, S. Healy, W.L., Cruz, A. Ayers, M.E.
Primary Posterior Cruciate Retaining Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Comparison of American and Japanese Cohorts. Submitted for publication, J Bone Joint Surg AM.